In my life, I have seen 35 of the top 100 movies from 1984 at least once, but this was the first time for me! I knew the premise - a funny 'cheerleaders vs the zombies' but it turns out the filmmakers didn't have the budget, the script or the actors to make a funny movie, or an action movie. The acting is stiff, the dialog is stilted and unnatural, and the budget was too tight for any action. The location shooting on the empty streets of Los Angeles looks great, and the weird orange/red haze over everything works well, but that's about it. I am mostly sad because of the squandered potential: Valley Girls were very big in 1984, Mad Max post-apocalypse movies were big. This movie allegedly inspired Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so go watch that to see Valley Girls who can actually fight monsters and remain vain and beautiful. Recommended for anthropological reasons only. (with the Indoor Shoes + Tiffany on Blu-Ray)
