Q: What do you call a giant robot in Paris?
A: A France-former!
|I first saw this homage to Magritte's The Son Of Man|
20 years ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since.
If I could buy an poster print of this image I would hang it
in my home. I LOVE IT.
- "This Night" by Billy Joel, which borrows the melody of its chorus from Beethoven, was my earworm for a week!
- "Dear Future Husband" Meghan Trainor is totally growing on me- she's so adorable!
- "All That She Wants" Ace Of Base throwback to the (sigh) 1990s
- "Just The Way You Are" Bruno Mars knows how to wear a hat!
- "Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)" If you gave me a week or a year, I would never remember the name of this one-hit wonder band from 2000. The band was called Nine Days and that's how long their fame lasted.
- "Angels" by David Byrne always reminds me of my tenure as intern at WFNX in 1993-94.
- "Fragile" Sting - heard on the radio while having my teeth cleaned in May. I thought to myself (between plaque scrapes) that I might be ready to welcome Sting back into my life after listening to him far too much in the 20th century.
- "Crazy On You" I am in the middle of a 1970s Rock Re-appreciation, where I try to open my ears (and Heart) to music that's antithetical to my Power-Pop, New Wave core.
- "A Night Like This" I think this Cure song popped up on a Amazon Radio playlist? I don't remember.
- Since the first episode of Glee aired, every radio station plays Journey's "Don't Stop Believin", so by that standard, "Who's Crying Now" feels like a deep cut when in reality it was a big hit.
- "Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)" by the Shangri-Las (great group name, btw) popped up at random in my iTunes - I ripped it from the GoodFellas soundtrack CD, although I don't remember where it appears in the movie?
- "Want to Want Me" I had this Jason Derulo hit stuck in my head for weeks, only because the chorus steals the riff from Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". It took me a long time wondering before I did some digging to figure out whose song it was.
- "Got Me Under Pressure" A minor hit from ZZ Top.
- "Gumboots" I was a hit singles monster in the 1980s- there were plenty of cassettes I would fast-forward through just to hear the his, but this album was an exception- I must have listened to my Paul Simon Graceland tape a thousand times all the way through. This is one of the tracks I never knew the title to- does he even sing "Gumboots" in the song?
- "Solace Of You" Deepest of deep cuts from the late great Living Colour
- "Last Child" from Aerosmith is one of those hit songs from the Greatest Hits collection that I never hear on the radio.
- "That Was Yesterday" Foreigner - just like Heart (see above) I am making room for hoary old 1970s bands on my playlists (Based on the synths, I suspect this song is from the 1980s, though). Wow Lou Gramm has a good voice!
- "Brave" Speaking of great voices, Sara Bareilles really nails this song live at the Variety Playhouse
- "Sinner" Neil Finn solo acoustic on 107.1 KGSR
- "Lady Madonna" The Beatles, from LOVE
- "I Feel Fine" [Studio Outtake] The Beatles Live At The BBC