- "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" Sometimes U2 manages to get out of their own way and just make a good song.
- "Tracks of My Tears" Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- "Good Times Roll" The Cars
- "Badge" Cream. "Yes I told you that the light goes up and down, don't you notice how the wheel goes round?"
- "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town" [acoustic b-side] Pearl Jam
- "Babylon" David Gray. This is one of these songs I heard the first day it was on the radio, and I knew immediately it was going to be a big hit.
- "Secret Garden" (strings version) In 1996, Bruce Springsteen released a VHS documentary Blood Brothers about reuniting the E Street Band to record new songs which accompanied his 1995 Greatest Hits CD. Bundled with the VHS tape was a 5-track CD featuring unused songs and remixes. I bought this bundle from Bull Moose Music in Portland, Maine, mostly for the CD, but the documentary was interesting too.
- "Close To Me" The Cure
- "How Am I Different?" Aimee Mann. "Just one question before I pack: When you fuck it up later do I get my money back?"
- "In Another Life" XTC. "I'll be your Burton if you'll be my Liz/And there might be flying pigs, In another life..."
- "No Myth" Michael Penn. "What if I was Romeo in black jeans, what if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth..."
- "You Are The Everything" (live) R.E.M. released the four singles from the Out Of Time album as a four disc CD box set. All the "b-sides" from the four singles formed a live recording from the Green World Tour 1989. I shudder to think how much I might have spent on this set. CD Single Box Sets seem like total insanity now: four CDs, each in its own jewel case, each holding a few songs, when, in reality, you could fit all 16 songs on one CD. Of course, in 1991, the record company could name their price for this madness.
- "Road to Nowhere" Talking Heads
- "Suddenly Last Summer" The Motels
- "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)" Eurythmics
- "Whenever You're On My Mind" Marshall Crenshaw.
- "If I Can't Change Your Mind" Sugar.
- "Can't Find My Way Home" A cover of the Blind Faith song by Alana Davis.
March 1, 2001
062 In Another Life
I really admire this mix for the breadth of rock, pop, and R&B styles and eras represented. Somehow this mix is more diverse than most, and it works great.