- Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, Lucinda Williams
- A Higher Place, Tom Petty - I will never forget a Liz Phair concert at Avalon: "A Higher Place" was the last song played on the PA system, after the lights were dimmed, but before Liz emerged onstage.
- Fastball's hit single was "Out of My Head", but I always liked "Fire Escape" better.
- "Tripping Billies" may be my favorite Dave Matthews song.
- "Eileen's Song" Burlap to Cashmere was a total one-hit wonder. I have the album "Eileen's Song" is on. I listened to it once all the way through, and I remember thinking that none of the other songs sounded like this.
- "Holding Back the Years" I always liked this Simply Red song, but I never managed to get it onto a mix until now. It doesn't really blend with the rest of the playlist? Maybe because the MP3 doesn't sound that great. Perhaps I'll rip this song from my LP instead and see if that makes a difference?
- "Stolen Car" Beth Orton
- "Ray of Light" Madonna
- "Alcohol" This was my Barenaked Ladies phase!
- I recently scored 100% on ROCK BAND 2 while singing "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit.
- "I'm Not Running Anymore" John Mellencamp
- "Sunflower" Paul Weller
- "Circus" Eric Clapton
- "Sally Ann" I found this song on 10,000 Maniacs' CD single for "Candy Everybody Wants".
- "Last Night of the World" Bruce Cockburn
January 1, 1999
49: Tripping, Running, Escape!
This mix marks the first mix I made which was not recorded to cassette. This mix existed only as a Winamp playlist for a few years, between when I first installed Napster and Winamp on my PC circa 1998-1999, and when I finally upgraded to a new PC with a CD burner in 2001.