The plot begins to bore in a few places, and QT cannot help but take the violence to the extreme, but on the whole this was an interesting mystery and a unique moviegoing experience.
|The Somerville Theater's 70mm projectors, ready to go.|
Three hours of 70mm film weigh over 200 pounds!
- Read more about the movie, the cameras and filming, and more, all from the official site: The Hateful Eight Roadshow
- Stub Hubby has seen six of the eight QT movies in the theater, including Pulp Fiction six times? Read more here: Written & Directed by Quentin Tarantino
- The last time I saw a movie projected in 70mm was Kenneth Branagh's HAMLET in January 1997 at the Kendall.
- The Wang Theater used to present classic movies on their ginormous movie screen - the largest in New England - so it's possible their presentation of Lawrence Of Arabia in 1995 was projected in 70mm, but I don't remember.
- From WIRED: How They Put Together Hateful Eight’s 70mm Traveling ‘Roadshow’