May 9, 2015

151 Alles Klar, Herr Kommissar?

  1. "The Creator" ↔ Pete Rock & CL Smooth
  2. "Take A Walk" ↔ Passion Pit
  3. "Awaiting On You All" ↔ George Harrison
  4. "What You Need" ↔ INXS
  5. "Shotgun" ↔ Gerald Levert sings and Tom Scott plays lead saxophone on this track from Standing In The Shadows Of Motown
  6. "I'm Losing You" ↔ A demo/rehearsal recording from John Lennon backed by Cheap Trick!
  7. "I Remember California" (Green World Tour Live) ↔ R.E.M.
  8. "Selling The Drama" ↔ Live
  9. "How You've Grown" ↔ I heard this 10,000 Maniacs song in an episode of Community, and just telling my wife this made her laugh.
  10. "Racing In The Street" (live at the Meadowlands 1981) ↔ Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
  11. "Heaven Knows Your Name" ↔ Blackie & The Rodeo Kings
  12. "Sitting Still" ↔ Another R.E.M. song, this time covered by Matthew Sweet & Susannah Hoffs from Under The Covers Volume 3.
  13. "Gamble Everything for Love" ↔ Ben Lee
  14. "Oo-De-Lally" ↔ I heard a version of this song (which I assume is from the Disney Robin Hood movie?) in a TV commercial and went looking for it on iTunes, when I stumbled across the album Los Lobos Goes Disney, which I bought immediately.
  15. "Twilite Speedball" ↔ Mos Def
  16. "He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'" ↔ The Velvelettes
  17. "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" ↔ Spoon from their album Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
  18. "Flexible" ↔ Depeche Mode
  19. "Major Tom (Coming Home)" ↔ Peter Schilling; When I was a kid in the early 1980s I used to confuse/conflate/combine "Major Tom (Coming Home)" and "Der Kommissar" in my head.
  20. "Der Kommissar" ↔ After The Fire; They don't sound similar, unless singing with a German accent counts.