December 17, 2014

149 Threatens Millions

  1. "YYZ" • A prog-rock instrumental, and as with so many instrumentals, the band (Rush*) struggled to name the song, so they used the airport code for Toronto?
  2. "West End Girls" • Pet Shop Boys*
  3. "Frank & Ava" • Suzanne Vega
  4. "If I Had A Boat" • Lyle Lovett*
  5. "Sussudio" • I only put this Phil Collins on this mix because of a wonderful pun my wife told this month.
  6. "The Boys Of Summer" • Don Henley
  7. "Dead And Gone" • The Black Keys
  8. "Weeds Or Wildflowers" • Poor Old Shine
  9. "Low" • R.E.M.
  10. "Dreams" • I recenly discovered two different covers of this Fleetwood Mac song, but I couldn't use the Killers version because it was too scary, so here's Whiskeytown! Believe it or not, I discovered this cover when I pressed pause on my TiVo: a character on the rom-sit-com A to Z had it on their playlist!
  11. "Heartbeat [remix]" • The Psychedelic Furs
  12. "Adult Education (Special Rock Mix)" • Daryl Hall & John Oates
  13. "Mad About You" • Sting
  14. "Mad" • Anthony Hamilton
  15. "Riding With The King" • Eric Clapton & B.B. King
  16. "Night Still Comes" • Neko Case
  17. "I Just Wanted To See You So Bad [Live]" • Lucinda Williams
  18. "I Saw Her Again Last Night" • The Mamas & The Papas
  19. "You Won't See Me" • The Beatles
  20. "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town" • One of the best rock concerts I've ever been to was recorded! Woot! This is Pearl Jam at the height of their powers and popularity, April 12, 1994 at the Orpheum, closing their set with my favorite song from the new album.
*Tracks 1, 2, & 4 from the "Karen scrounged from the Goodwill for me" Collection
Screenshot from the sitcom "A to Z" where I spotted the 'Whisketown' song.