November 16, 2014

148 Reboot

If I don't make a playlist in a long time, I like to catch up by making two at once...

  1. Bach Minuet In G (Bonus Track) | Willie Nelson
  2. Red Tide | Neko Case
  3. Subdivisions | Rush
  4. Dumb | Nirvana
  5. Counting Stars | OneRepublic
  6. Summerfling | k.d. lang FUN FACT: Ace session drummer Abe Laboriel Jr. plays on this track and is a co-writer; I know him better as Paul McCartney's touring drummer since 2001.
  7. Black Lagoon | Dave Edmunds; my son's favorite rock song!
  8. Belay | The Never Land Pirate Band; my favorite children's song, it sounds like the members of every defunct 1990s ska band took refuge in Neverland.
  9. Rox In The Box | The Decemberists
  10. Coming of Age | Foster The People has perfectly captured that late 80s sound I love oh so much.
  11. Mystify | I kinda forgot this INXS song until I heard it again in 2014. The album KICK was very big way back when.
  12. Underground | Ben Folds Five
  13. Foolin' | Def Leppard
  14. Wave Of Mutilation [live on the BBC] | Pixies
  15. Walls (Circus) | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
  16. Charmer | Aimee Mann
  17. Suedehead | Morrissey
  18. A Little Bit Of Everything | Dawes; is this a Jackson Browne soundalike parody, or a real song? When I heard their first single "If I Needed Someone", I joked that the lead singer sounded like Daryl Hall. I guess he's just a chameleon?
  19. Say It Isn't So | Everyone knows the Outfield's hit single "Your Love" ("Janie's on a vacation far away...") but this was the other single from that LP. I heard it while waiting for my car to be fixed at the Honda dealership.
  20. Given To Fly | Pearl Jam
  21. Feel It All Around | Washed Out (the theme song to Portlandia)