I used the photo as a jumping-off point for the cover concept- I would mock up my own magazine cover, with headlines which include the titles of the songs.
At the same time, I was beginning to experiment with attaching the text to non-straight paths, and what better template than the horizontal stripes of Ms. Johansson's sweater?
- Fascination Street THE CURE
- Cold Turkey JOHN LENNON (A great dance remix by IDC)
- Love Is Strong The ROLLING STONES
- She's Gone ERIC CLAPTON
- Hypnotized FLEETWOOD MAC
- Don't Fear The Reaper WILCO (a low fidelity live recording)
- I'm On Fire (live at Giants Stadium 8-19-85) BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
- Begin the Begin (live 11-19-92) R.E.M.
- Use Me BILL WITHERS
- Me Myself I - DE LA SOUL
- 40 Days, 40 Fights BADLY DRAWN BOY
- I Want Love ELTON JOHN (I picked this track off my wife's 2CD Greatest Hits collection, for two reasons: a> it was produced by Jeff Lynne (ELO, Traveling Wilburys), and b>Ringo Starr plays drums.
- What Would It Take (from JEFF LYNNE's little-known solo album Armchair Theater.)
- You Can't Get What You Want (Til You Know What You Want) JOE JACKSON
- Stuck in the Middle vs. Nasty Girl (A silly mashup of Stealer's Wheel and Vanity 6.)
- Big Time PETER GABRIEL
- Lazy Sunday CHRIS PARNELL & ANDY SAMBERG
- Cantaloupe Island YESKA (sampled by US3 for their song "Cantaloop", aka "dip trip, flip fantasia...")