- MACA-MUPPET by Pilchard | The Doors vs The Muppets vs The Macarena!
- SWEET SECRET by Soundwasta | Madonna vs Mick Jagger
- CHOCOLATE CAKE, REVISITED by Lenlow | featuring Bill Cosby "Chocolate Cake For Breakfast"
- BITE by The Kleptones | Queen vs KRS-One, Queen vs O.D.B.
- SAY LADY SAY by Brat Productions | The Beatles vs Paul McCartney
- WHATCHA WANT, LADY?
- MOTHER NATURE'S RUMP
- SURE-LA-DI, SHOT-LA-DA by DJ BC | The Beastie Boys vs The Beatles
- TO THE TAX-MOBILE! by Lenlow | Batman vs The Beatles vs "Wipeout"
- PAPERBACK BELIEVER by Go Home Productions | The Beatles vs The Monkees
- BABY YOU'RE A PURE MAN by Brat Productions | The Beatles vs All Saints
- CRAZY LITTLE FOOL by Go Home Productions | The Beatles vs Queen
- YOU WON'T SEE YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY by DJ Nite | The Beatles vs Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- DREAMING IN YOUR SLEEP by Brat Productions | The Romantics vs Depeche Mode
- WRAPPED DETECTIVE by Go Home Productions | The Police, Lionel Richie, Elvis Costello, Peggy Lee, Bob Marley
- THIS IS HOW WE DOOBIE by DJ Jay-R | Montell Jordan vs The Doobie Brothers
- J-LO vs K-CO vs S-WO by Lenlow | Jennifer Lopez vs Nirvana vs Stevie Wonder
- CALL ON VALERIE by Mixomatosis | Steve Winwood's "Valerie"... Remixed
February 26, 2005
I created this mix at the zenith of my interest in "mashups". Mashups, in their simplest definition, are DIY music remixes where DJs will disassemble rock and pop music and mash up the vocal tracks of one song with the rhythm section of another. Thanks to audio mixing and processing software, it's possible for a DJ to isolate discrete vocal and instrumental tracks, change the pitch and/or tempo with precision, and endlessly loop the smallest instrumental break to fit their needs. Most of the mashup titles are include words from both/all the songs sampled; I have included notes to help clarify the provenances, and I have credited the DJs who created these mashups. This collection represents the best mashups I discovered in 2004: