September 19, 2002

Mix 85 Has No Title

This mix marks the only appearance in any of my mixes by Jessica Simpson, Phish, G. Love, Devo, and The Flying Lizards. The cover art is excerpted from the packaging of Aimee Mann's album Lost In Space.
  1. "Machine Gun" Kool & The Gang; fun instrumental I first heard in the movie The Kid Stays In The Picture.
  2. "Greenman" XTC
  3. "Sour Girl" Stone Temple Pilots
  4. "Invisible Ink" Aimee Mann; 'but another illustration is wasted because the results are the same...'
  5. "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" Led Zeppelin
  6. "I Think That I'm In Love With You" [NKW edit] Jessica Simpson; I first heard this pop gem while waiting for a movie to start- Simpson samples "Jack & Diane" for her hook, so I created a new intro that makes that connection explicit.
  7. "Come A Long Way" A Los Angeles yarn by k.d. lang
  8. "Skateaway" A Los Angeles yarn by Dire Straits
  9. "Heavy Things" Phish
  10. "Cold Beverage" G. Love & Special Sauce
  11. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" AC/DC
  12. "Sufragette City" David Bowie
  13. "Candy" Iggy Pop & Kate Pierson
  14. "Kamera" Wilco
  15. "Mother Nature's Son" Sheryl Crow
  16. "36 Inches" Nick Lowe
  17. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Devo; 'I'm trying to make some girl, who tell me baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby better come back later next week cause you see I'm on a losing streak...'
  18. "Ana Ng" They Might Be Giants; 'I don't want the world. I just want your half.'
  19. "Money (That's What I Want)" The Flying Lizards; two New Wave covers of rock & roll golden oldies!
  20. "Livin Thing" Electric Light Orchestra