August 24, 2002

083 Wunderbar

I occasionally incorporate my own handwriting into the cover art; with this mix I took that one step further. In ye olden days, when I had time to burn to perfect the sequencing of my mix CDs, I would write each candidate song's title on individual slips of paper and arrange and rearrange them. In this case I literally scanned in these slips and integrated them directly into the back cover art. I don't think I had decided to do this when I wrote out the slips, so my handwriting on the back cover is organically sloppy; I deliberately wrote the front cover text to look as slick as possible and still look like I wrote it myself.
  1. "No Excuses" Alice In Chains [unplugged]
  2. "Finest Worksong" R.E.M. (live in Athens 1/19/92)
  3. "Back in Black" AC/DC
  4. "Spinning Around Over You" Lenny Kravitz from Reality Bites
  5. "Hey Hey What Can I Do" One of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs is the b-side of the 'Immigrant Song' single.
  6. "Blue Sky Mine" Midnight Oil, from their last album before they dropped off my radar screen, Blue Sky Mining.
  7. "The Sweetest Thing" One of my favorite U2 songs is the b-side of 'Where The Streets Have No Name'
  8. "Harvest Moon" Neil Young & The Stray Gators featuring Linda Rondstadt
  9. "Around The Bend" Deep within Pearl Jam's Neil Young period- from No Code, written by Stone Gossard.
  10. "Window Seat" John Wesley Harding
  11. "Passenger Side" Wilco
  12. "Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid" Daryl Hall & John Oates; from their 'we've gone beyond rock & soul to 80s dance rock' album, Big Bam Boom.
  13. "Teach Me To Breathe" From Dave Pirner's soul album Faces & Names.
  14. "Only The Song Survives" John Hiatt
  15. "Drunken Angel" Lucinda Williams
  16. "Walk A Thin Line" A cover of the Fleetwood Mac song, by a reunited Blake Babies (2002)
  17. "Charm Attack" Leona Naess
  18. "When You're Falling" Afro Celt Sound System featuring Peter Gabriel
  19. "Let's Be Friends (Skin To Skin)" Bruce Springsteen
  20. "Your Body Is A Wonderland" John Mayer
  21. "Why Does The Sun Shine? (The Sun Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas)" [Live] They Might Be Giants