|I love this photo from the inner sleeve of Living Colour's|
debut album VIVID. I didn't do any alterations
to the photo besides adding my text on top.
By weird coincidence, this playlist shares two songs* with a playlisty of mine 13 years in the future: Pretzelvania
- "King For A Day"* XTC
- "Last Goodbye" Jeff Buckley
- "Killin' Kind" Shelby Lynne
- "I Know What I Know" Paul Simon
- "Getting Better" The Beatles
- "Breaking The Girl" Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Alex Chilton"* The Replacements
- "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" A middle-aged post-divorce song from Sting
- "Church of the Poison Mind" Culture Club
- "Broken Hearts" Living Colour
- "Counting Backwards" Throwing Muses
- "Where Do I Begin"  The Chemical Brothers featuring Beth Orton
- "Just Keep Me Moving" k.d. lang
- "Circles" Soul Coughing
- "Train In Vain" A no-nonsense cover of the Clash song that makes me respect Third Eye Blind
- "Lost in the Supermarket" is my wife's favorite Clash song.
- "Waiting In Vain" A nice Bob Marley cover from Annie Lennox
- "Special" (Rickidy Raw R&B Mix) This R&B remake is way better suited for the song than the original 90s-alt-rock arrangement on the Garbage album. It sounds like they threw away everything but the vocals to remake this single?
- "Follow Your Bliss" A lovely instrumental that closes out The B-52's Cosmic Thing album; I read somewhere that this song is like the closing credits music for the album; that idea inspired me to open and close many playlists with instrumentals to set the tone, much like credits music in the movies.