December 25, 2001

Overheard At A Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Marathon

  • "I know they're lonely and a long way from home, but should Sam and Frodo be spooning?"
  • "If the cave troll and the Incredible Hulk had a fight, who would win?"
  • "When do the Hobbits play Quidditch? Did I miss it?"
  • "I think I see Peter Jackson."
  • "You know, once you've made it with an elf, you never go back."
  • "Would it kill them to "accidentally" leave a few reels out?"
  • "If Frodo and Sam would just drive to Mount Doom, this film would be a lot shorter."
  • "I will not rest until there's a black elf in Hobbiton."
  • "You know what this film needs? More dancing."
  • "I think I sprained my imagination!"
  • "Gee, there are a lot of furry feet in this movie."
  • "I can't feel my ass- will you carry me to the bathroom?"
  • "I just stepped out to watch Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star next door. Did I miss anything?"
  • "Seven hours of trailers for "Return of the King," what were they thinking?"
  • "I think I just saw a Hobbit with Birkenstocks?"
  • "Frodo dies!" (shouted by interloper at theater door; riot ensues)
  • "Wow, these extra scenes add so much nuance to the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."