May 20, 2001

066 Not Too Soon, Too Late To Tell

  1. "Daughter" Pearl Jam
  2. "Atlantic City" Bruce Springsteen
  3. "Coming Up From Behind" I never need to hear Marcy Playground's one hit, the Gen X, grunge-slacker corporate rock cash-in "Sex and Candy" ever again. However, I liked this song from the first time I heard it, on the soundtrack to the movie Cruel Intentions.
  4. "Kate" Ben Folds Five
  5. "Night In My Veins" Pretenders
  6. "Falling for the First Time" Barenaked Ladies
  7. "Never Let You Go" As far as mid-90s pop-alt-rockers go, Third Eye Blind is better than, say, Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, and Marcy Playground. This is my favorite song of theirs, probably because of the New Wave flourishes.
  8. "Not Too Soon" This Throwing Muses song always reminds me of the nine months I dated Kathy Belbin in 1991-92. She got me into Depeche Mode, The Cure, and New Order too.
  9. "Gee Angel" Sugar
  10. "Interstate Love Song" I also appreciated Stone Temple Pilots appropriation of grunge, when in fact they appeared to be more of a glam-rock band at heart.
  11. "Sexual Healing" Marvin Gaye
  12. "Fools In Love" Joe Jackson
  13. "People Get Ready" Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions
  14. "Windmills of Your Mind" Sting. I think this was on the soundtrack of the Thomas Crown Affair remake? It makes me think of Rene Russo topless, so that must be it.
  15. "Can't Do A Thing (To Stop Me)" I met Chris Isaak in 1995 and he is even more handsome in real life.
  16. "Live To Tell" One of my top 5 Madonna songs.
  17. "All Apologies" Ditto for Nirvana.
  18. "He Moved Through The Fair" -> "Big Time Sensuality" [Moby remix] The last note of the Sinead O'Connor a capella song (from the Michael Collins soundtrack) cross-faded into the Bjork remix.

Created May 16; burned May 20, 2001