- Alan Parsons Project: Don't Answer Me
- 'til tuesday: Coming Up Close
- John Hiatt: Drive South
- Bruce Springsteen: "Where The Bands Are" is from Springsteen's Tracks four-disc box set full of rare & unreleased recordings, or as I like to call it, the Bootleg Killer.
- Lucinda Williams: Passionate Kisses
- Billy Bragg: Sexuality
- Richard Thompson: 1952 Vincent Black Lightning
- Liz Phair: Uncle Alvarez; I don't know why I didn't follow this song with it's spiritual brother, "Uncle Walter"? Seems weird now that I didn't make that segue.
- Ben Folds Five: Steven's Last Night In Town; Don't get me wrong, I love this song, but "Uncle Walter" would have made more sense.
- The Old '97s: Nineteen
- Buffalo Tom: Kitchen Door
- R.E.M.: The Great Beyond
- Moby: Porcelain
- The Eels: Novocaine for the Soul
- Sinead Lohan: Diving To Be Deeper
- Patty Larkin: Wolf At The Door
- Pete Townsend: Let My Love Open The Door [E.Cola Mix] (as heard in the film Grosse Pointe Blank)
- Nick Drake: Pink Moon
April 16, 2001
53: Three Doors
This mix is heavily influenced by my then-recent stint at AAA radio station WCLZ in Portland. In fact, you could argue that this entire playlist would easily fit on that station in 2001- perhaps not Alan Parsons Project, but the rest for sure. The cover art is from the CD insert for whitechocolatespaceegg, from Liz Phair, plus some Photoshop effects.