April 17, 2001

063 Something Ain't Right

  1. "Sabotage" The Beastie Boys
  2. "13 Steps Lead Down" From Elvis Costello's
    Attractions reunion album, Brutal Youth (1994)
  3. "Honey White" Morphine
  4. "Starf*ckers, Inc." Nine Inch Nails
  5. "I Did It" Dave Matthews Band
  6. "Cannonball" The Breeders
  7. "Since You're Gone" I was listening
    to a lot of The Cars that year.
  8. "Big Time Sensuality" Björk
  9. "Divine Thing" Soup Dragons
  10. "Rocks" Primal Scream
  11. "Song 2" Blur. I downloaded this song from Napster in 1999 or 2000. The Napter app had a live chat forum, so I asked "What's the name of that song in the Nissan Maxima commercials?" This question did not help my indie credibility.
  12. "Beautiful Stranger" Madonna
  13. "Dead" They Might Be Giants. "Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket, and was everybody dancing on the casket?"
  14. "Something Ain't Right" From David Byrne's 1992 album Uh-Oh. Am I the only person on Earth who remembers or likes this CD? Unrelated: to give some historical context, I bought this CD used at Planet Records in Kenmore Square for $9.99.
  15. "Hourglass" Squeeze "The hourglass has no more grains of sand. My watched has stopped: no more turning hands. Little green neon haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaands."
  16. "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" Ben Folds Five
  17. "Shoe Box" Barenaked Ladies
  18. "Kitchen" The Lemonheads. "Walking you home along Mt. Vernon street. You told me secrets I was shocked to know."
  19. "Happier" Jennifer Trynin I picture this song and "Kitchen" happening across the street from each other in Cambridge. "Aren't you the guy who robbed the Store 24? Maybe the f*ck who tried to jimmy my door?"
  20. "I Should've Known" Aimee Mann