April 16, 2001

059 Amalgamation

I think I called this "Amalgamation" (or maybe I misspelled it) because I combined parts of two different mix tapes into one mix CD? More research is required.
  1. "God Only Knows" The Beach Boys
  2. "Breaking Us In Two" Joe Jackson; I love singing this song. Joe and I have the exact same vocal range.
  3. "Sweet Baby James" James Taylor
  4. "J For Jules" Til Tuesday
  5. "The Love Cats" The Cure
  6. "Blister In The Sun" Violent Femmes
  7. "Breaking The Girl" Red Hot Chili Peppers
  8. "Waiting For Tonight" - a rare Tom Petty song from the Jeff Lynne Era, with great backing vocals from The Bangles. I found it on a sampler EP from his Playback box set.
  9. "March of the Swivelheads" The (English) Beat - the wonderful instrumental used so well during the footrace at the end of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
  10. "99.9F" Suzanne Vega
  11. "You Still Touch Me" Sting; from the last Sting album I bought, Mercury Falling
  12. "Peace In The Neighbourhood" Paul McCartney
  13. "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" John Lennon & Yoko Ono; from Double Fantasy. On my mix tape version of this playlist, I did a gorgeous cross-fade between the wave sounds and steel drums that close out the Lennon song with the solo acoustic guitar that opens the Dave Matthews Band song that follows...
  14. "Pay For What You Get" Dave Matthews Band
  15. "Ramble On" Led Zeppelin
  16. "Right Hand Man"; a kickass Joan Osborne song, I wonder if anyone else remembers this one?
  17. "Switch Board Susan" Nick Lowe
  18. "Break It Down Again" Tears for Fears