April 16, 2001

054: Fly, Run, Thrill, Avenge!

It's so easy to use the Photoshop Eyedropper tool to match a font color to a color from your imagery; making the lettering match McLachlan's clothes works great here. Matching the track listing to the same gray as the background looks a little cheap, however. The McLachlan photo was so hi-res I was happy to use an extreme close-up crop for the back cover too. I think I stole the "High Fidelity Recording" logo from an old Beatles LP?
  1. "Lust For Life" IGGY POP
  2. "She Said Yeah" PAUL McCARTNEY; from his all-oldies covers album Run Devil Run.
  3. "I Don't Wanna Know" JULIAN LENNON really going for the Beatles sound on this track from his album Photograph Smile.
  4. "Millennium" I love the James Bond/Thunderball hook on this ROBBIE WILLIAMS song.
  5. "Possession" [live] SARAH McLACHLAN
  6. "Learn To Fly" FOO FIGHTERS
  7. "Lotus" R.E.M. Stipe embraces his raw sexual glam side.
  8. "Blue Jean" I love this production style, horns and drums on this DAVID BOWIE song.
  9. "Run" COLLECTIVE SOUL doesn't really have their own personality; this is the track where they sound the most like Roxy Music to me.
  10. "Caught A Lite Sneeze" TORI AMOS's kiss-off to Trent Reznor
  11. "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me" U2's last gasp of glam rock before they pivoted back to basics with All That You Can't Leave Behind in 2001.
  12. "Time The Avenger" PRETENDERS
  13. "Little Sister" I love the sound on this ELVIS PRESLEY single, especially the raw and prominent bass guitar.
  14. "AM Radio" I really enjoyed this album for awhile but EVERCLEAR wore out its welcome pretty quick.
  15. "Mayor Of Simpleton" XTC
  16. "Hangin Around" I love singing this COUNTING CROWS song loud loud loud!