February 1, 2001

061 Distractions

  1. "All I Want" Has it ever been cool to like Toad the Wet Sprocket? Don't know, don't care. Not that I blare this song out the sunroof.
  2. "Baby Can I Hold You?" I've been a Tracy Chapman fan since the first album.
  3. "Distractions" Pleasant and cool Paul McCartney vibe.
  4. "The Sounds of Science" Beastie Boys
  5. "Stacked Actors" Foo Fighters
  6. "Unemployed Boyfriend" Everclear "The weird thing is, he's actually kind of cute, in a really intense way. Like Perry Farrell, you know? Intense but sensitive."
  7. "Girlfriend" Matthew Sweet
  8. "When I Write The Book" Nick Lowe "When I get down on the pages all I felt, it'll make the hardest-hearted book critic's heart melt."
  9. "(Stay) Wasting Time" Dave Matthews Band
  10. "Yesterday Girl" Smithereens
  11. "Walk On" U2
  12. "(Straight to Your Heart) Like A Cannonball" Van Morrison; Tupelo Honey (1971)
  13. "Romeo & Juliet" Dire Straits
  14. "Emotional Rescue" Rolling Stones
  15. "Pinch Me" There was a five-year period where it seems like I put Barenaked Ladies on every single mix!
  16. "My Sister Rose" 10,000 Maniacs
  17. "You're The One" Paul Simon