February 24, 2001
February 11, 2001
THEATER NOTE: This may have been my first-ever visit to AMC Fenway. The theater was opened in 2000, and I had just moved back to Boston from Portland the previous month.
ALSO by Gary Oldman on STUB HUBBY:
February 3, 2001
February 1, 2001
- "All I Want" Has it ever been cool to like Toad the Wet Sprocket? Don't know, don't care. Not that I blare this song out the sunroof.
- "Baby Can I Hold You?" I've been a Tracy Chapman fan since the first album.
- "Distractions" Pleasant and cool Paul McCartney vibe.
- "The Sounds of Science" Beastie Boys
- "Stacked Actors" Foo Fighters
- "Unemployed Boyfriend" Everclear "The weird thing is, he's actually kind of cute, in a really intense way. Like Perry Farrell, you know? Intense but sensitive."
- "Girlfriend" Matthew Sweet
- "When I Write The Book" Nick Lowe "When I get down on the pages all I felt, it'll make the hardest-hearted book critic's heart melt."
- "(Stay) Wasting Time" Dave Matthews Band
- "Yesterday Girl" Smithereens
- "Walk On" U2
- "(Straight to Your Heart) Like A Cannonball" Van Morrison; Tupelo Honey (1971)
- "Romeo & Juliet" Dire Straits
- "Emotional Rescue" Rolling Stones
- "Pinch Me" There was a five-year period where it seems like I put Barenaked Ladies on every single mix!
- "My Sister Rose" 10,000 Maniacs
- "You're The One" Paul Simon