December 31, 2000

2000 Year-End Wrap-Up

My Top Five Best Movies for 2000 (in alphabetical order): Almost Famous, Chicken Run, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Wonder Boys. I didn't see O Brother in the theater, but it's still one of my five favorites of the year. In fact, I missed a lot of good movies in the theater in 2000.

Here's a list of my Top Five Movies of 2000 (which I only saw on DVD):

  1. O Brother, Where Art Thou? • I skipped this movie because I hated the previous Coen Brothers production, The Big Lebowski.
  2. The Tao Of Steve • Who knows if Steve even had a theatrical exhibition in the state of Maine?
  3. Best In Show • Who knows if Show even had a theatrical exhibition in the state of Maine?
  4. Fight Club • I was a latecomer to the Fight Club phenomenon.
  5. Memento • Who knows if Memento even had a theatrical exhibition in the state of Maine?