|My parenting years are in purple.|
Since my first son was born in 2009 my pace has slowed a tad- except for 2012, when I saw five movies in one weekend at South By Southwest, I have not seen more than twenty movies in a year since I became a dad.
- I saw so many movies in 1995 because I was on, well, I guess you could call them "business trips" every weekend? It's a long, embarrassing story. Lots of my life choices in the 90s are embarrassing;
- I was a member of the Brattle Theatre for a few years in the early 2000s, which included free passes, and discounted admission, which is reflected in my numbers in those years.
- I was unemployed for all of 2001 and only working part time for half of 2002, and I went to a lot of movies in that era too.
- I saw five movies in one weekend at South by Southwest 2012.
- I only managed to see 16 movies in 2015 because I saw three movies in three days while my family was out of town between Christmas and New Years'.
- 2017 Update: strong start to the year means I've seen 10 movies in the first six months of the year!