July 30, 1997
July 25, 1997
ALSO by Gary Oldman on STUB HUBBY:
July 11, 1997
July 8, 1997
As you can see from the selection below, I only went eight times in three years: after six visits in 1997, I only attended twice more, in 1999. I moved out of town in 2001, and the Keystone closed sometime in the early 00's. As of 2007, the space on Congress Street is now a sports bar.
- My 25th Birthday • Star Trek: First Contact • An exciting Borg adventure and my third favorite Star Trek movie, after numbers 2 and 6.
- April 13, 1997 • The English Patient • A little slow on the second viewing, but an impressive adaptation of a dense novel.
- May 2, 1997 • Smilla's Sense of Snow • A very odd detective story, from a far superior book, as Emily is fond of pointing out.
- September 6, 1997 • Citizen Kane • One of my Top Ten all time movies.
- October 24, 1997 • The Edge • Hopkins and Baldwin elevate this standard genre piece slightly above what it deserves.
- November 30, 1997 • The Ice Storm • Growing up in identical Boston suburbs makes the movie resound for me. I hope my parents didn't behave like this!
- February 12, 1999 • Elizabeth • If I had paid attention in my History Of England course, perhaps I would have appreciated this movie more.
- New Year's Eve, 1999 • Being John Malkovich • Bizarrely fantastic.